Cook County Government Director of Environmental Services - Environmental Services in Chicago, Illinois
LOCATION: John H. Stroger Hospital* *
*Applicants may apply for this position by submitting a resume/ CV to the following email address: email@example.com *
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
*_JOB SUMMARY_ *
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary environment supporting Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS). Reviews productivity, quality control, and operating reports in effort to enhance workflow efficiency throughout CCHHS. Works with engineering and maintenance staff to develop preventable maintenance programs.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCH Personnel Rules.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of full-time work experience as a Director of Environmental Services in a healthcare system consisting of 400 beds or more
- Prior full-time work experience utilizing Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) guidelines in prevention of safety and health hazards (i.e. clean-up a chemical spill using proper gloves and/or mask, using proper lifting methods and support)
- Master’s Degree in Management
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of OSHA, Hazmat, and Health Department regulations, including, but not limited to, local and state regulations, infection control, and safety codes
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures, and external regulations to handle accidents and/or emergencies
- Practical knowledge of day-to-day cleaning in a long-term care facility or related healthcare facility
- Excellent program development, management and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills
- Demonstrate good team building and communication
- Ability to train by presenting concepts and demonstrating tasks
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize projects and tasks
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspectof County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITAL SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2021, 11:12:31 AM
Closing Date: Mar 24, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Req ID: 00125280