City Colleges of Chicago Coordinator - Workforce Equity Initiative - Grant Funded (Part Time) in Chicago, Illinois
COORDINATOR - WORKFORCE EQUITY INITIATIVE (WEI) GRANT PROGRAM - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The Workforce Equity Initiative (WEI) is a statewide grant program focused on expanding training opportunities for minority students in at-risk communities. A WEI Grant Coordinator coordinates and performs a wide range of programmatic, procurement, and reporting activities associated with the administering the Workforce Equity Initiative Grant. This role will report to the Executive Director of Workforce Equity Initiative. A WEI Grant Coordinator also manages a cohort of grant awarded students by tracking their progress from enrollment and completion to placement for the following programs: Basic Nursing Assistant, Community Health Worker, EMT, Patient Care Technician, Personal Fitness Trainer, Phlebotomy, and Sterile Processing. Performs related duties as required.
- Works directly with clients/ students to provide the range of services and assistance specified under the workforce equity initiative grant, adhering to operating procedures and funding requirements.
- Works collaboratively with college administrators to plan, develop, and implement project initiatives and activities to accomplish grant funded program objectives.
- Provides information to staff, faculty, and clients/students on the grant's program’s objectives and intended outcomes, operating processes and procedures, and direct services provided to clients/students.
- Maintains records and creates databases using Excel and accesses data on PeopleSoft (i.e. CS9, Open Book) to track program enrollment, level of activity and engagement with clients/students.
- Prepares narrative reports to document program activities, services provided, program outcomes, and achievements in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Coaches and counsels interested participants in completing the scholarship application.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, places orders with vendors, and verifies delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and other goods acquired with program grant funds.
- Coordinates with Business Office to maintain account records of budgeted funds and to track and monitor expenditures and account balances.
- Conducts research for workforce partners and community based organizations.
- Prepares and facilitates presentations and workshop for clients/students.
- Attends Workforce Equity Initiative Consortium quarterly meeting and other events related to the grant as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Education, Public Policy, or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of work experience in a responsible administrative or program administrator role, preferably for a non-for-profit or higher education institution
- Strong collaborator who can work within a matrixed environment and team setting to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Jan 14, 2021, 2:35:13 PM
Req ID: MAL0001508
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: Local 1600 PT Professionals