Grant Thornton LLP Contracts Staff Attorney in Chicago, Illinois
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a full-time staff attorney for the firm’s in-house legal department. In this role, the attorney will be responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, agreements and legal documents with our clients and vendors, recommending fair and reasonable terms, and identifying variances from standard firm practices
- Documenting any changes/amendments that may happen during execution of the contract.
- Updating contract database with negotiated contracts
- Working with outside counsel, if necessary, for very complex contracts and agreements
- Providing strategic advice on complex contracts and agreements
- Conducting legal research and interpreting laws, rulings and regulations, especially as they relate to the specifics of the contracts and agreements, or the choice of law
Performing other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar (in good standing)
- Experience reviewing, editing and negotiating contracts and agreements; experience negotiating professional services agreements, master service agreements and vendor contracts is especially desirable
- The ideal candidate would also possess experience negotiating master service agreements and engagement letters for accounting firms, professional services firms and/or advisory (consulting) firms
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and maturity
- Ability to effectively advise on risk mitigation and provide legal solutions that meet business objectives
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities or unanticipated events
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with employees and partners at all levels
- Prior in-house experience preferred
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only://We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Contracts Staff Attorney
Requisition ID: 049496
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs