GCP Applied Technologies Building Envelope Central Region Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Responsible for managing a team of 6 Sales Representatives and jointly coordinating 1 technical service representative located in the Central Region of North America. Key markets are within Texas, Chicago, upper mid-west, Carolinas, Florida, Atlanta and Eastern Canada. Primarily focusing on the commercial waterproofing, liquids, and air barrier segments. Responsible for maintaining contact with established customers and developing new prospects in the marketplace.
- Analyzes customer’s needs and formulates solutions using all resources made available by the company
- Maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts
- Aggressively seeks new projects to position GCP Applied Technologies by implementing planned sales strategies and company marketing programs
- Assists sales representatives in servicing existing and prospective accounts in assigned territory in accordance with company’s policies and programs
- Successfully promotes new growth products
- Maintain accurate sales and margin projections / reports as well as managing expenses within the region
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meet customer expectations and work as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple decision makers in the sales process including architects, engineers, consultants, owner reps, general contractors, sub-contractors and distribution channel partners.
- Possesses good problem-solving skills and the ability to discuss business issues and propose appropriate product solutions
- Possesses strong managerial skills
- Strong presentation skills required
- Ability to negotiate pricing as well as problems
Experience and Education
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
We are open to a home base location within one of the major markets within the Region with access to a major airport for ease of travel within the Region. Once COVID lifts, travel will be 50% or more.