One Hope United Youth Care Worker 1 - Evening 2nd Shift in Centralia, Illinois
The Youth Care Worker will provide constant supervision of youth while maintaining structure, discipline, clean & a healthy atmosphere of the assigned residential home. We are looking for individuals to work overnight shift and this includes weekends. Some flexibility with scheduling is available.
• Performing duties associated with the day to day training, modeling and skill building of a residential home for youth.
• Teaching and participating in individual and group instruction in daily living, recreational activities, social skills, and independent living skills as prescribed by each youth’s Individual Treatment Plan and the OHU Residential Program Plan.
• Participate in training and maintain certification in the implementation of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) approved behavior modification program.
• Following One Home United Residential Program Plan, including daily schedule, administration of consequences and mental health treatment plans of youth in residential care.
• Demonstrating the highest investment in and commitment to quality improvement practices in order to continuously improve the delivery of services to our residents.
• Participation and contribution to a treatment team of a residential home of youth assigned, including attending weekly team meetings and staffings, as required.
• Attend training, seminars and conferences as assigned by supervisory or administrative staff.
• Complete in a timely and accurate fashion all documentation required for the position. • Treat with absolute confidence all information concerning agency residents and programs.
A valid driver’s license and driving record that allows a staff member to be eligible for coverage by One Hope United insurance, as well as approval to transport youth by DCFS. Must be at minimum 21 years of age.
Physical Requirements: must be physically able to complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention restraint training and participate in TCI restraints, as needed.
Must be able to pass Drug Testing, a Sexual Risk Assessment, and Background Check.
We are looking for a prospective candidate to have the availability to work our shift schedule
As a Youth Care Worker you are expected to work every weekend- and two days out of the week.
General Educational Development or better.
High School Diploma or better.
Bachelor of Social Work or better.
Collaborate with various departments and develop and implement plans for various therapeutic activities for clients.
Monitor admission of all visitors into the facility and ensure appropriate privacy for all resident and staff.
3-5 years: Youth Care Worker Experience
Licenses & Certifications