TEKsystems Desktop Technician in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
TEKsystems is assisting a growing organization with finding a Desktop Support resource to join their team. You would be responsible for providing Desktop Support for desktop computer systems, hardware and application software. Great opportunity with a growing company!
Please apply to learn more!
- Assists in providing computer and network support relating to desktop software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Installs new software applications or hardware, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary. Ensures desktops, laptops and other devices (phones, iPad, etc.) are up-to-date with software releases and anti-virus software and settings.
- Adds and maintains users on the network. Maintain network user accounts and assign appropriate resource security rights.
- Assigns applications access, ensures security and assures standard configurations.
- Assists in installation of workstations and printers on the LAN.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- 2+ years of IT experience
- Knowledge of Windows based products, PC operating systems and local area networks. Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Knowledge of how to maintain, install and troubleshoot problems with software, hardware, LAN and servers.
- Firm understanding of networking protocols and workstation configuration.
- Assists with monitoring critical systems and environmental conditions.
- Understanding Printer setups and how they would be set up on a server-Windows 2012
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs