FleetPride Warehouse Lead in Bridgeview, Illinois
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
- Pull and organize customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
- Load materials into vehicles and install bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
- Package, label and ship customer orders by UPS, US Mail, bus, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
- Train new employees on the proper use and maintenance of equipment and facilities utilized in the performance of their job. Follow-up to ensure results are achieved.
- Provide part verification as requested.
- Ensure all stock is pulled and loaded into the delivery vehicle with accompanying and necessary documents, in conjunction with delivery schedules maintaining a minimum accuracy rate of 99%.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight and other production data on tags and labels.
- Move controls, levers and devices to drive industrial forklifts to transport materials between loading, unloading, processing and storage areas.
- Complete forklift operator training annually, provided by company.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Work on special projects as appointed by the warehouse manager.
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner. Giving full attention to what other people
- are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at
- inappropriate times.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Oral Expression : The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving
- the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Physical Demands Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs. Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise Equipment OSHA approved steel-toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
Qualifications Education High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Professional Experience Minimum of 3 years of general warehouse experience. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time