Aerotek Senior Mechanic in BLUE ISLAND, Illinois
This position is for a Field Service Pump Mechanic that will work with all types of industrial rotating equipment (mainly pumps). They will be working both in the field on client sites but a lot of their time is within a job shop environment so every day and job will be the same routine but different products. Employees will be assigned jobs for the week and by day. They will be responsible for receiving the pumps, tearing down, disassembling, diagnosing necessary repairs, performing inspections on the specifications for the equipment and then assembling the products back together checking for quality and functionality at the end.
The equipment that they will be working on are typically large, industrial pumps. The sizes do vary from something that is handheld size all the way up to pumps that are 8 feet tall and 40 footlong, most weight around 1,000 pounds.
Employees will be using basic hand tools, power tools, air powered tools, drills, micrometers and veneer calipers. It would be a plus if candidates have machining experience where they’ve used manual lathes, mills, threading equipment or have done any welding in the past.
• Receiving, disassembling, inspecting, documenting, diagnosing, repairing, reassembly, fitting, installation and alignment of large industrial rotating equipment (pumps) that are used in mills, food and beverage and other industrial environments
• In the field they will need to be able to create a job plan that will include understanding how long a job could take, what tools and equipment is needed for the job, how to work and communicate professionally with customers, ability to work safely but with limited help and be able to work in tight spaces/unknown environments.
• Experienced with hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, drills, air guns, micrometers, veneer calipers
• Experienced with manual machining skills would be a plus, specifically using manual lathes, mills would be helpful
• Welding experience would also be a plus for some repairs
Pump Repair, Pump Mechanic, Troubleshooting, Maintenance Mechanic, Assembly, Disassembly, Inspection, Micrometer, Caliper, Veneer Caliper, Troubleshoot, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Millwright, Alignment, Water Pump, Confined Space
Top Skills Details:
Industrial Rotating Equipment (Mainly Pumps)
Disassemble and Assemble
Precision Measurement / Inspection
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High School Diploma or Technical School preferred but not required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs