Aerotek R & D Model Maker in Bloomingdale, Illinois
Overview: This individual will be responsible for all phases of providing working samples, components, and manufacturing development to the engineering groups. New product development efforts specific to all Divisions, as well as for providing technical information and technical project support to all manufacturing centers worldwide as required.
Duties: (may include but not limited to)
• Responsible for the setting and operation of many different types of machines. A partial list of the machinery includes CNC-based milling, drilling, deburring, hand lathe, manual mill, and surface grinding equipment.
• Communicate with engineers and manufacturing that will ensure product meets quality control standards and production capabilities
• Constant effort towards improving set-up and delivery times while maintaining high quality
• Reading blueprints and measuring tools to maintain production tolerances
• Accepting any job that may be asked of him/her by a responsible individual
• Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
• Training of new engineers, model shop apprentices as required
• Assist/participate in team activities
Machining, 5 axis Cnc machining, Cad/cam, Rapid prototyping, Cad drawings, Programming, Test fixture
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 3+ years industry experience with 3d modeling experience (ideally inventor or solidworks)
• 3+ years experience with CAD/CAM-mastercam highly preferred-edgecam or surfcam
• 3+ years experience with 5 axis machines
• 3+ years experience with multiple types of lathes and mills bridgeport mills, prototrak mill, .single spindle or dual spindle lathes, 5 axis lathes and mills, turning centers , 5axis experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs