ALDI Customer Interaction Supervisor - Digital Media in Batavia, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out: we’re growing. Fast. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Oversees, tracks and coordinates team activities across the following work streams: hyperlocal media, TV/Video, streaming audio and digital display.
• Supervises the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team to achieve enhanced performance.
• Responsible for documentation that reflects any performance concerns.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, strategy, and tactics for the following: hyperlocal media, digital display, TV/Video and streaming audio.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Interaction process, strategy, and tactics; communicates approved changes to direct reports.
• Prepares documentation that reflects any performance concerns.
• Supervises the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Provides daily direction, assistance, and communication to internal teams, agencies, and vendors.
• Leads and guides the work of direct reports ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Provides support to the department, divisions, and/or stores, and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Performs annual and goal reviews for direct reports.
• Retains a motivated and professional team.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a related field.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Agency management experience is preferred.
• Operations and process-driven individual; ability to identify optimal ways-of-working and simplify complex workflows.
• Ability to understand business problems, develop action plans and drive projects to their conclusion.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Conflict management skills.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the supervisor’s role as the first-line manager; the ability to supervise direct reports by guiding performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Negotiation skills.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and time-efficient manner to maximize productivity.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends, and variable schedule(s) in or out of the office when deemed necessary.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- ALDI Jobs