Artis Senior Living Prep Cook - PRN in Bartlett, Illinois
The Prep Cook prepares and cooks a limited variety of food for residents, employees and visitors. He/she may oversee work of other food service personnel involved in cooking.
Essential Position Functions:
- Assists with the preparation of palatable and appetizing meals.
- Handles and prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Communicates freely with other Dining Services personnel, Lead Cook and Director of Culinary Services.
- Regularly cleans dishwasher and maintains its working order.
- Properly cares for Dining Services equipment and productions sheets. Cleans and sanitizes all cook related equipment and work area as he/she works.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, bending or using equipment.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury.
- Regularly schedules deep-cleaning of kitchen equipment.
- Follows procedures to ensure that kitchen sanitation is maintained at all times.
Performs all other duties as requested. Education/Experience:
Must have demonstrated Dining Services experience and is sensitive to needs of elders and disabled individuals.
- High school diploma or graduation equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in institutional food handling is preferred. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.